Starlight Forest help!

A place for general questions and suggestions. Guests can post but posts need to be approved.
alchiggins

Starlight Forest help!

Postby alchiggins » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:36 am

So, I got the Earth Flute, am trying to get to the squirrel thing, and just... can't. I've done at least four or five laps around the forest, have (as near as I can tell) solved every boulder puzzle I've come across, found a couple of secret chests, made it to the southern healing spot in the middle of the pond, and am otherwise completely stumped. Been stumped for a few days now. Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated; also wouldn't mind helping brainstorm ways to make sure this doesn't happen to other folks!

Mostly enjoying the game so far, tutorialization has been cleverly implemented and well-paced, and I'm liking the music.
~Twitter: @alchiggins~
~My Games: Sassy Echidna Software~
JaJ
Site Admin

Re: Starlight Forest help!

Postby JaJ » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:58 am

Did you manage to guide the squirrel with the earth flute at all? If so, where is the squirrel now? If not, how did you reach the healing spot in the middle of the pond?

In the room with the healing spot in the middle of the pond, to the south of the pond there is a block that leads to the exit of the forest. The squirrel needs to push the nut above that block like he did earlier in order to continue.
Rob Fortune

Postby Rob Fortune » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:56 pm

I was stuck here for a while. Squirrel only responds if you are in a direct line, no diagonal. So you need to be above/below/left/right exactly for it to respond.
alchiggins

Postby alchiggins » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:12 am

Oh man, I somehow missed that you could guide the squirrel with the flute. Not sure if I just wasn't paying attention or what. Thank you so much!
JaJ
Site Admin

Postby JaJ » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:19 pm

There are a couple of curious things going on here either way. Are you playing the beta version or a different version of the game?

First of all, you should not be able to leave the room with the squirrel without guiding it at least once, and apparently you were able to. So that's something I need to fix.

Secondly, you say you reached the room with the healing spot in the middle of the pond. Did you actually get to the healing spot itself (did you touch it?) because that is not supposed to be possible without guiding the squirrel either, so I'm curious to know how you did that.
alchiggins

Postby alchiggins » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:11 am

JaJ wrote:There are a couple of curious things going on here either way. Are you playing the beta version or a different version of the game?

First of all, you should not be able to leave the room with the squirrel without guiding it at least once, and apparently you were able to. So that's something I need to fix.

Secondly, you say you reached the room with the healing spot in the middle of the pond. Did you actually get to the healing spot itself (did you touch it?) because that is not supposed to be possible without guiding the squirrel either, so I'm curious to know how you did that.

Oh, that's interesting! I should be playing the beta - it's whatever version you had sent me the Steam Key for. I did, in fact, touch the healing spot. Wish I remembered if something unusual happened as I was solving the puzzles along the way.

The first thing I did in the squirrel room was jump on the plant in the southernmost part and exit through that room's east side, discovering the secret chest in the adjacent room. Maybe that goofed up some triggers/flags somehow and allowed me to exit through the north when I returned?
JaJ
Site Admin

Postby JaJ » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:42 am

I was mistaken, it should be possible to get there without the squirrel. I was thinking of the north entrance to the room above that room, which should be blocked by a red block that can only be removed by the squirrel. I could place a similar block somewhere to prevent you from proceeding without the squirrel further, so that you can't wander around as much. But the main problem is still that the message didn't appear in the first squirrel room. A problem which I thought I fixed, so that's the first thing I will look into.

Return to “Questions and suggestions”