31 minutes of play time so far

A place for general questions and suggestions. Guests can post but posts need to be approved.
Rob Fortune

31 minutes of play time so far

Postby Rob Fortune » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:22 am

-Game is awesome so far, I will buy it/tell my friends to buy it
-Intrigued by characters
-Playing on game pad, logitech something or other. When I enter a new room, joypad "sticks" (but the computer registers movement - character will stand in place but face a different direction based on the direction I press, much like the right joystick does). If I let go of the control and press a new direction, it works fine. I'm fairly certain this doesn't happen with other games that I play but maybe I'm wrong.
-I love that items are picked up based on bumping into them, not needing to press a button to open a crate is awesome
-Game is challenging so far but i love that the game is forgiving. I have died twice and basically only lost a few seconds or a minute getting back to where I was. The first time I died was bumping into an invincible guard. The second time I died is because I got stuck in the item menu mid-battle and couldn't figure out how to get out of the item menu. Since I was stuck in that menu, I couldn't move anyone in my party, couldn't "pause" by highlighting anyone, therefore the mage died and therefore game over.
-I backed this game on kickstarter a few months ago. I remember the battle system seeming more interesting than, say, Final Fantasy 6. I was intrigued, but completely forgot how it worked. I'll say I'm currently exhausted from working and being up all day but I was able to figure out the battle system even being half asleep, and so far it's definitely a more interesting combat system than FF6 and overall a good selling point for the game.
-I had a lapse in story comprehension/continuuity between the opening scene and the second scene where Nadia was in the dungeon. A transition of some kind, or a screen that says "LATER..." might show that time passed. I guess I thought I was just being introduced to more characters (I did notice in a sub-menu, the weapon equip menu, the caption to "choose the default weapon for Nadia", at the time I wasn't sure that this was a typo or something, although now I understand that it is intentional and meaningful). Although the conversation at the inn explained that this was the same Nadia and just she had grown by some years, that was the moment that I pieced it all together.

I apologize if I put this comment in the wrong area/miscategorized it/if I rambled too much, I'm passionate about the game so far and I'm writing as much as I can in the off chance any of it is at all useful
JaJ
Site Admin

Re: 31 minutes of play time so far

Postby JaJ » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:48 am

Thank you for taking the time to write down your experiences! I'm glad you like the game and I will look into the issues you had. The lapse in story comprehension is a common problem with players so that is something that needs to be fixed for sure. Are you playing the kickstarter demo or the beta?
Rob Fortune

Re: 31 minutes of play time so far

Postby Rob Fortune » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:38 pm

The beta!

Return to “Questions and suggestions”